Sunday, January 27, 2013

And Here are Your Keys

The jingle as it went into my hands was fabulous! I finally found a flat! It's in a really good location and actually really close to the hostel I'm staying at. It's about a minute walk from the main street where all the metros and public transportation is and it's only a minute from our favorite bar - the one that serves carrots. :)

So I'm making this one quick because I'm tired and want to go hang with the rest of the group, but today we went to see the flat at noon after I was woken up by ten people at 11:55 screaming Maddie you have a flat appointment in FIVE minutes!! So I threw on my jacket and boots, rinsed tooth paste in my mouth, and ran. I almost didn't go, but I'm so glad I did! It's a beautiful place-  pictures to come for sure! I know I keep saying that. I have my own room with a small little balcony that looks out on the street. When I say small its probably only a foot five feet by one foot. I'm living with a girl from France - her name is Frederique. And I'm also living with Ana who is originally from Connecticut, but lived this past year in Peru. So within ten minutes of seeing the flat, we said we wanted it and it was a done deal. I got the keys and he said we could move our stuff in. We brought over a few bags right after that, but I'm still not completely moved in. Then we went to lunch - I found the best salad place ever. So yummy. After that we walked around the city and then had to meet our landlord at his office to sign our contract and pay our first month rent. Using the ATM here to get money... oh my gosh. It was all in hungarian even after we picked the English option, but after about twenty minutes of trying we got the money we needed. It started snowing when we were walking around today... it was really cold!
After our appointment with our landlord, we went out to dinner with everyone and then we were going to see a movie but since we are all so tired we just decided to come back to the hostel to hang out. Good thing we didn't go though because we heard from other people who tried to go that the movie was all in Hungarian. Could you imagine Django in Hungarian? No way.
Orientation starts tomorrow at Corvinus University, so I'm looking forward to finally seeing the school!
Sorry this post is all over the place. I'm tired...


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment