Saturday, May 18, 2013

04.


Wow! It has been a whirlwind since my exams were completed Thursday afternoon. Last night because of the rain we didn't end up going to the island, but instead met at Henrik's place for only a few minutes and then we headed over to Corvinteto. Ana and I had Iris and Sarah over at our place for a few drinks before going and we ended up staying here longer than we thought because of the rain. We left around midnight to head to Henrik's flat, and then left there around 1 for Corvinteto. I'm not a huge fan of Corvinteto because of the high cover fee to get in, but Henrik told me he'd pay for some of mine because I honestly didn't have the amount in forints to afford it. I love that kid. Ben was really stubborn and because he hates the music at Corvinteto [it's all dubstep] he ended up not coming out with us. Once we got in we had so much fun! Even more people met up with us at Corvinteto since it was one of our last nights all together. I woke up to a facebook message from Kay saying, "really difficult to say bye to you! but i guess all we have now is memories... "marco polo... "literally".. Morrisons.. call me maybe.. Zagreb madness.. flat parties and it ended in corvienteto.. take care and see you soon aka in august xxxx" [Kay and his brother will be traveling down the coast of California in August, so I'm excited to see him when he comes!]
We all danced our butts off... sweat dripping because dubstep requires some hardcore dancing. At one point in the night, Anthony and I went up to the terrace on top to take a break from the music and catch our breath. It was in this moment I realized I only had a few more hours with him and I had to make it the best. We went back down and kept dancing and then around 5am [did not even realize the time], we went back up to sit on the terrace and it was already light outside. We had no idea! Our plan was to leave Corvinteto to watch the sunrise on Gellert hill but at this point we just decided to stay at Corvinteto and watch the sun rise from the roof! It was actually beautiful. Despite my pleads to not have another drink, Henrik and Anthony bought me another beer so we could cheers for the sun rise.
View of the sun rise from Corvinteto

Anthony and I on top of Corvinteto watching the sun rise!

We left Corvinteto around 6 - 6:15 once we were being kicked out, and Henrik, Anthony, Henrik's friend Tim, and I walked back to Anthony's place but on our way the boys wanted to stop and get food to make breakfast. We passed by a shop that opened at 6:30 and it was only 6:20, so they were insistent on waiting. We literally took a seat in the middle of the road and just laid there with the sun beaming down on us. Only two cars honked for us to get out of the way. Finally the shop opened and we were the first customers of the day. Anthony bought eggs and Henrik was buying milk, flour, and eggs. As the eggs scanned, Anthony yelled, "Dude what are you doing? I have eggs!" And Henrik took the eggs and tried to scan them back across the scanner to undue the transaction. The lady was just shaking her head... I laughed so hard I had to walk out of the store. We finally made it back to Anthony's place and they ended up making pancakes. Anthony fell asleep at the table because he was so exhausted. We ended up leaving around sometime around 7:30. Anthony had to be up for his departure to Croatia at 9 so he didn't get much sleep. I can't imagine what their morning was like at 9. Ben said Dany wasn't even packed at 9 when they were supposed to leave.
I said my final goodbye to Anthony and it was so heartbreaking. Definitely one of the hardest goodbye's I've ever had to do - we became such close friends here and I'm so thankful for his friendship. I walked home and started bawling. People on the street must have thought I was crazy but I didn't care. I'm horrible with goodbyes. I got home and couldn't sleep for a while, so I wrote Anthony a letter thanking him for a wonderful semester. Since both of us were exhausted this morning, I wasn't really able to say what I wanted to say to him and thank him for everything. 
I ended up going to sleep around 8:30 in the morning and woke up around 12:30 in the afternoon to Ben texting me about plans for the day. We decided to head up to the island because the weather was beautiful! Ben, Camillo, Helen, Dianne, Lukas, Henrik, and Tim all joined us at the island and we spent about 3 hours there hanging out in the sun, listening to music and chatting. 
Henrik, Lukas, Helen, and Dianne on Margaret Island

Ben and Camillo on Margaret Island
We left around 6 to get home and make dinner before we were going to meet back up again at 8 to go to a pub for live music. I came home and ate a quick dinner and then walked over to Ben's flat. It was weird being in there without Dany and Anthony there. Everyone met back up at Ben's and then we walked over to this pub to see live music. We all wanted a rather chill night since we have been partying pretty hard since exams were over. We got to the pub around 8:30 and they started to perform around 9:30. The music was advertised as blues, country, folk mix. They were actually really entertaining! And I was shocked to hear them play Wagon Wheel. This random Hungarian band at a small, local pub played Wagon Wheel. I was loving it! Sarah and I looked at each other and we were just like "no... not wagon wheel!?" And then we got all of our friends into the song by clapping and dancing. At the end all of us stood up and clapped for them! Miguel yelled his typical, "Amurica baby!"



Tonight was Henrik's last night, so when we left around 12:15, we all had to say goodbye to him. Again, another close friend, and another sad goodbye. He'll be studying in Indiana on exchange next semester, so we are trying to plan a trip to get all the Canadians and Americans together to see each other with Henrik! We're talking about a possible trip to Toronto! I've never been to Canada and now that I know so many people from there, I'd love to visit! 

I'm going to start packing tomorrow. I have a lot of cleaning and packing to do before I leave. These goodbye's have been real tough for me. I keep thinking I'll be back at Corvinus on Monday for class, but then I remember it's all over. I've loved every second of this semester and I'm not ready for it to be taken away. My friends here mean the world to me - life really won't be the same without them, but they've taught me more than I could've ever asked for and showed me that there truly are genuinely happy, positive people in this world. 


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment