Sunday, May 5, 2013

18.

A day late, but you'll see why it's worth it.

Friday night we had people over to our flat and then went out to a club called Otkert. I'm really feeling the YOLO (you only live once - don't normally use this saying but it's a running joke right now here) since I have such little time left. Normally I wouldn't go out the night before having to catch a 7:30am train. But, I did it. And it was so fun! I got home around 4am, got 2.5 hours of sleep and then was headed off to the train station Budapest-Keleti. I met Sarah there and bought my ticket. Iris was running late because of complications with her student ID being expired, so I bought her ticket and then we jumped on the train. Iris just made it and met us on the train. Phew! Glad she didn't miss it because this train was about 3hr20min so she couldn't have come at a later time or it wouldn't have been worth it. We had to transfer to a bus half way through because there was construction on the railroad, and then we took the bus to the next station and hopped back on the train. Pretty convenient system if you ask me.

When we got to Pecs we walked around a little and it was sort of what I expected. A few restaurants here and there, a church, but nothing else. Then we actually hit the city center and I was in awe! It's absolutely beautiful and so much cleaner than Budapest. There were even palm trees :)

Sarah, Iris, and I walked around the city just taking pictures and looking at the different restaurants and shops. We stopped for lunch at this cute place and I got a salad and a cold peach soup - it was really yummy! And we enjoyed some wine in the sun! I bet you can't guess which is mine ;)



After lunch we walked around a little more just roaming the cute city - the weather was beautiful so it was just a nice day in the sun! 

Me, Sarah, and Iris in the city center!


Pecs, Hungary! 


Beautiful!

Being silly.


We stopped and got icecream and ate it on the steps of a church. After that it was time to head back and once we got on the train we were all out in seconds... we were perfectly exhausted. 
When I got home I was planning on taking a nap and then waking up early to see the sunrise with everyone, but about 20 minutes after I got home, my  friend Nina rang for me to let her in. Apparently Ana said we could have a pre drink at our place again so people were already coming over. I needed to shower if I was going out so I was showering and getting ready while people were coming over. I was actually not too tired at this point so I was ready to go out! Around 1am though we were still at our place and I was fading quick... I almost just hopped in my bed and called it a night. Then Ben texted me and asked if we were leaving for Doboz soon and we told him to come to our place first and then we could head to Doboz together! It took them way longer than we thought but they finally came and then we headed out to Doboz. I have never been to this club before, but everyone always talks about it so I was really excited to go! And it's extremely close to our flat - 5 minute walk! It's funny they have these people dressed up like creepy circus things outside the door saying shhhh to everyone that comes up. I guess they have neighbors that always complain so they've had to strategically find a way to make things quiet outside - definitely sets the image as a fun club. We got in and it was a blast! They played awesome music and we just danced all night... to be continued to the next day! 


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment