Friday, May 3, 2013

19.

This morning I went to the Palace of Arts - it has a contemporary art museum and then two theaters where orchestra, jazz, and dance performances take place. We went there for a make-up class for my Services Marketing class. We did a tour of the place and then the director of marketing and sales came and talked to us about their marketing strategies. Afterward we just had to do a quick assignment. It was pretty cool to see and a few of us are interested in going back to see some performances! We also went to the balcony up top and had a wonderful view of the Danube. It's a little south of the city center, but apparently they are trying to grow Budapest and so the new developing area is south of Budapest right where the Palace of Arts is located. After that, Anthony and I stopped at the Great Market to get some strawberries and then I came home and wrote postcards this afternoon. We had nice weather this morning, but then it started pouring again this afternoon. Tonight, Ana, Frederique, and I had a flat mate dinner. We walked around to find somewhere to go and finally after making a huge circle we settled for a Chinese restaurant. Tonight we are having people over to our flat and then we are heading to a club afterward. Not sure if I'm going out after because I have to catch at 7:30am train to Pecs (small town in southern Hungary). I'm going there for the day with Sarah and Iris!

Balcony view at the Palace of Arts:

Orchestra Theater: (beautiful!!!)

On our walk to find a restaurant, we passed by our school. Looks so pretty lit up at night. Corvinus University, I will miss you dearly!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment