Friday, May 17, 2013

06.

Finals are over! Felt so great to be done.

After my two finals yesterday we were really ready to celebrate. Anthony and I finished our second final around the same time and ended up walking out of the class together. I thought Anthony had shut the door already, so I screamed we're done! And he was like shhhh. After the exam we were outside and Amanda came out and said that the whole class heard me scream that and all started laughing. And our teacher just said, "Hurry up so you can all feel like Maddie!" hahah
Anthony even brought Palinka to the exams. Hungarians love their Palinka - it's like what they are known for. It's a traditional Hungarian brandy made by distilling fermented fruit. Thanks Wikipedia. We had a shot of Palinka right outside school [Anthony, Nienke, and me]. Call us crazy but we were just so happy it was summer holiday!
Afterward we went over to the old campus to buy Anthony a sweatshirt and then headed to Pointers Pub on Raday utca. Their happy hour is 1L beer for 490ft ($2.20).
Anthony enjoying his liter after exams!

Egészségedre! [Cheers in Hungarian]

Sarah Clayton and me enjoying our Pointers 1Liters in the sun!

I really was only going to get one liter, but then Anthony said he'd pay for my second one, so why not. Sarah and Iris joined for a study break and then Miguel came to join us since he was off for the day from his internship. Through out the afternoon, a bunch of different people showed up which was really fun! We stayed around 5pm and then I went back to Anthony's to hang out for a little before the 'Beautiful Night' event. We finished the rest of the Palinka... bad mistake... and met everyone back at Corvinus around 7:30 to take the train over to the chain bridge. We were a little late meeting them but right when we got there the train arrived so we ran, hopped on, and the people waiting for us followed. We were the first ones to get there but eventually people started showing up in groups! We watched the sunset and hung out with everyone on top of a road tunnel that overlooks the chain bridge and the city. This is a picture of where we were:


We stayed there pretty much all night and some people left to go to a club, but when I left I decided just to go straight home. Or the people I was with decided for me that I'd go straight home I guess. :) Last night was so much fun - I really am going to miss this place, but even more, these people. Some of the greatest people I'll ever meet in my life. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment