Wednesday, May 8, 2013

14.

Exactly two weeks from today, and I'll be landing down in Atlanta in about two hours.

This morning I went for a run up to Margaret Island - kind of a crappy run because being sick for three weeks ruined any endurance I had. Oh well, at least I was active and that's all that matters. Afterward, I met Anthony, Sarah, and Istvan to go to the Chinese market. It was extremely sketchy, but it was really interesting to check out! All the stuff there had to be stolen or fake. We were there for about two hours - I didn't buy anything because I'm extremely tight on money, but Sarah bought some perfume and the boys bought knock-off Ray bans and some boxers.

(I don't know if you can really tell in this picture, but I rocked the middle part today. Haven't done that in so long)


After the Chinese market, I came home and made a salad and then have just been studying all night. Nothing too exciting, but was definitely productive until I went to make tea in the kitchen and Ana got a skype from our friend here, Miguel. He is interning and had to stay all alone tonight in the office until midnight, so he was bored and decided to skype us. It was a fun skype conversation... Miguel always makes me laugh hysterically. And I guess I always make him laugh too because whenever he sees me he can't help but laugh. He makes fun of my American accent all the time, especially when I say 'totally.' 


I'm going to miss these people so much it hurts to even think about leaving. Today I found out that most people are leaving on May 18th for a farewell trip to Croatia and aren't coming back until after I leave. So Friday May 17th will be my last day with a lot of my close friends here.... sad to even think about. 



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment