Sunday, May 12, 2013

10.


I'm now able to count on two hands. Unbelievable. This morning I sent Emily off at 3:30 in the morning - she took a taxi to the airport. I ended up going over to Anthony, Ben, and Dany's flat last night because they invited me and Emily over to watch a movie. I wanted to go so that I could sign their flag and they could sign my map, and Emily told me she was okay with me going. She was just going to look up information on her program, finish packing, take a shower, and then get some sleep. I went over to their flat around 11 after spending most of the night with Emily before she went to sleep. I got to sign all their flags and Anthony and Ben signed my map. Dany wasn't there, but his flag was so I signed it! We ended up watching Disturbia and then I had to walk home in the dark, and the rain. I just kept thinking positive thoughts and tried to get the image of the creepy man from that movie out of my mind. After sending Emily off at 3:30am, I went back to sleep. She must have been exhausted. She made it safely first to Amsterdam and then to Rome. So excited for the journey ahead of her. I can tell she's already loving Rome from the pictures she's posted. I woke up this morning to go to the market at Szimpla. I've been meaning to go and really enjoyed it! Szimpla is the eclectic ruin pub down the street from me, and walking around it during daylight with a market inside was absolutely beautiful! I didn't buy anything, but wish I could have. I'm legitimately poor, but it's rather eye-opening. I only buy what I need, nothing more. After the market, I walked over to Starbucks to study and stayed there for about 4 hours. After studying, I decided to walk home a longer way so I could enjoy the sunshine. I came home and had a kale salad for lunch and started to work on a presentation I have due on Tuesday. Since the trip to Tokaji (wine region) is canceled, I will now have a presentation due on Tuesday and instead of taking my final for Advertising on Friday, I can take it on Tuesday. Not much time to prepare, but I'll get it done. That way, I'll be done with finals and officially a senior in college at 2pm on Thursday. Can't even believe it. After working on my presentation - I'm doing a presentation on Napa Valley wine region, I continued to study for the final I have tomorrow. I pretty much have most of the information down, but will wake up tomorrow morning to refresh my memory and then take the exam at 10am. 
My brother's baseball team (Roswell Hornets) has made it to the elite 8 in the state of Georgia! So proud of them - they play their next playoff series on Tuesday. Two games on Tuesday! Rooting them on and hoping for a victory!! If they make it to the championship, I may be able to see a game which would be AWESOME and so rewarding! Every day my brother has a game, I text him "Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!" I got it from Friday Night Lights and I just love that saying - it's so true! 




Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there and especially to my momma! 
--
Happy Mother's Day to my best friend and inspiration! I couldn't have made it this far in life without her. She's the energy that keeps me going, the believer in my dreams, and the wisdom to carry me through any hardships I've faced and will continue to face on my journey through life. I wish I could be with you on this special day, holding your hand while getting lost hiking, but laughing every step of the way. You know how to make me smile and you always know exactly what to say to encourage me, help me, and advise me when I'm confused. I love you more than you know, momma. Can't wait to see you - I'm going to run up the escalator at the Atlanta airport and jump into your arms. You better be ready! To the best momma in the world - I want to thank you for all you've done for me. If I could be half as good of a mom to my kids, that'd be more than enough! Google infinity xx

No comments:

Post a Comment