Saturday, May 11, 2013

11.

Emily and I slept in this morning, and then we headed out around 12:30 to tour the city! We first went to the Great Market Hall, and I needed to buy a flag for a flag signing party but then Emily gave me the greatest idea of getting a map of Europe and having people sign that! LOVED THE IDEA! So we searched around the market for a map of Europe but couldn't find one... everything was Budapest or Hungary maps. So, since I was missing the flag signing party today I realized that I could get my map either tomorrow on Monday. After seeing the market, we went over to Gellert hill and climbed to the top! We sweated our butts off all the way up and when we finally got to the top we were drenched in sweat. The breeze and the view at the top made it worth it though! We made it back down the hill and headed over to the Buda castle and Matthias Church. After that we crossed over the chain bridge and headed to a catholic church that we wanted to go to for mass. At this point we were starving, so we headed over to a street near Corvinus Univeristy to find a restaurant. I passed by a tourist store that was packing up their stuff outside and closing up and ended up finding one Europe map amongst a bunch of Budapest maps! I was so happy especially because Emily was able to sign it before leaving tomorrow! We ended up eating at an Italian restaurant with a 20% off discount. That definitely caught our attention. We had a delicious, filling meal and then headed back to my flat to chill for the night - we ended up walking about 10 miles today!

At Fisherman's Bastion, next to Matthias Church!


Matthias church

Parliament from Fisherman's Bastion

Gellert Hill

Festival we passed by this morning at the National Museum - massive bowls of food!

Emily and I on top of Gellert hill. Love this girl more than anything and am so thankful she was able to come visit me in Budapest. We've had such a fun weekend, and although she couldn't stay long, I'll always remember this visit - so special! Best friends for 13 years now.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment